Hey MAD fam,
This week's blog is for our food lovers, this recipe is sure to hit the spot!
Today we are coming to you with a recipe that will leave you reaching for seconds!
Today we are making: Mouthwatering Jumbalaya Recipe 🍚
- 1–2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum , chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes (400 g)
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice (200 g), I used short grain white rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup canned or cooked chickpeas (180 g)
- 1 cup canned or cooked kidney beans (180 g)
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Add the oil to a large pan and when it’s hot add the veggies and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the tamari or soy sauce and the spices and stir. Then add the rice and the water or vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Add the chickpeas and beans, stir and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serve with some chopped fresh parsley on top (optional).
Be sure to tag us on socials if you use the recipe! We love seeing you make our creations
Mads & Jayme x