Hey MAD Fam!
This week's blog is for our pasta lovers, or just any food lovers really, this recipe is sure to hit the spot!
Today we are coming to you with a recipe that will leave you reaching for seconds!
Today we are making: Plant-based Mushroom and Spinach Spaghetti Bolognese 🤤 🍝
What you will need:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 250g of enoki mushrooms
- 1 cup of spinach
- 400 g of spaghetti
- Handful of vegan feta (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh basil (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet pan. Add in onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in grated zucchini and carrot until caramelised
- Add in herbs and spices
- Mix in tomato paste, diced tomatoes and cup of water. Let it cook over medium heat until it thickens and comes to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer.
- While sauce is simmering cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Add in enoki mushrooms and spinach. Let it simmer for a further 5 minutes
- Add spaghetti into the sauce, still on the stove.
- Serve with feta and fresh basil.
Be sure to tag us on socials if you use the recipe! We love seeing you make our creations
Mads & Jayme x