Hey MAD Fam,
You guys know we love a cheeky jaw dropping recipe, so what better way to kick off our recipe blogs for 2022 than with must-try Vegan Sweet Potato Fries!
If you were around at the beginning of 2021 you might have been involved in our Wellness Week! Well, this incredible Vegan Recipe was made by the incredible Lana Russo, so we thought we would bring it back to post on our blog!
It’s super simple and is a crowd fave, whether you want to make a snack for friends or eat the whole bowl yourself, this recipe is a MUST try!
The secret for perfect, crisp chips is to make sure they are spread out on the baking tray and have a little space around them while they cook. It takes a little more time, but it will pay off in crunchiness!
Share them as a poolside snack, a side to your yummy vegan meal or just grab a bowl and enjoy them all by yourself while you watch Netflix!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan)
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice the sweet potato in half and then cut into 1cm wide chips.
- Place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well to ensure each piece is well coated.
- Place the sweet potato onto the tray, making sure that there is a space between each chip (I know it takes a little more time, but this is the secret to perfectly crisp fries!)
- Place into the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until nicely golden.
- Serve with some vegan mayonnaise or guacamole and enjoy!
As always, if you make this recipe, be sure to tag us on your socials!
Mads & Jayme x