Hey MAD Fam!
Boy oh boy do we have a recipe for you!
Whilst most of us are living through lockdowns, what better to do than cook up a storm!
What you will need:
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoon aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- 1 ¾ cup of soy milk
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegan ice-cream (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the flour along with the salt and baking powder
- Add the chickpea juice, butter and vanilla, then gradually add the milk whisking as you go to work out the lumps.
- Once the mixture is smooth, set aside and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan with vegan butter over medium heat.
- Pour into the middle of the pan, enough batter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Leave the pancake to cook for 30 seconds until it starts bubbling. Flip and cook the other side for 30 seconds and then remove from the pan.
- Plate up the pancakes with maple syrup, cut up banana and ice-cream.
Simple as that!
As always, be sure to tag us on your socials if you do cook these delicious pancakes
Mads & Jayme x